15 September 2008

Served Straight Up



I've gotten more and more into cooking these days. The temptation to go out for dinner or order in is ever present when the full gamut of cuisines is around almost every corner, but I try to resist. I'd say I cook dinner about three times a week. I love the whole process; from creating a menu, to picking out produce, to serving it up. Or even just looking in the fridge and throwing something together. The trick is to make it easy and tasty, to establish an arsenal of dishes that never take more than a half hour to put on the table. And even though food on plate is gone in five, it feels good in the belly, good in the head.

Sometimes the work grind sucks the life out of things and there just isn't enough time at the end of the day to chill, to be creative, to go for drinks, to whatever. But cooking is creating, so I don't mind putting the energy into it. Sesame Tooth is about cooking, restaurants and food's place in culture, and I'll probably throw in some simple recipes here and there that have worked for me. Enjoy!

No comments: