23 September 2008

Aphrodisiac


A British company named Pomegreat just came out with a provocative new ad campaign for its pomegranate drink line. Sex sells, and if your product is known for an ancient sensuality I guess you go for broke. Why didn't POM think of this? I guess they decided to rest their laurels on the fruit's hip nutritional value: anti-oxidants are pretty hot right now, but don't catch the eye like this:


I, for one, would have based my advertisements on the Jewish tradition that teaches that the pomegranate is a symbol for righteousness. The Fruit is said to have 613 seeds which corresponds with the 613 mitzvot or Commandments in the Bible.

(This is a Botticelli by the way; its beauty outweighs its anachronism)

1 comment:

George Spataru said...

Interesting posts you have here ... I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog. I'm sure I'd visit here more often.
George
from natural afrodisiac.