27 January 2009

Eat Your Heart Out David Lynch

What's David Lynch's opinion of the America food staple Hooter's? I don't know, but I'd imagine that he'd despise the Hooter's rip-off, Twin Peaks. Instead of an homage to bizarre midget dreams and beloved Special Agent Dale Cooper, the chain is nothing more than a breastaurant concept, complete with ladies in skimpy plaid.

If it's your birthday, you can grab the giant fish phallus and take a picture with the busty waitresses. I think Twin Peaks owner, Randy Dewitt, describes the restaurant's appeal best, "It’s a guy’s world. You can’t get it at home; you can’t get it at your workplace anymore. But you can get it at Twin Peaks."

What does he mean, 'you can't get it at your workplace anymore'? As in, at one point all women in offices wore bikini equivalents and on holidays dressed up like whores?

I think I would rather spend my money on the boxset of the series Twin Peaks and cook food at home than go get wings at the chain, but then again, I don't really have a choice. Twin Peaks the restaurant is only available in...Texas.

No comments: