12 January 2009

Never Heard of It


Try looking beyond the scantily clad woman. Check out the chef's shirt. Where is the Newton Food Centre? Is it in Newton Center? I'm pretty familiar with the restaurant scene in my hometown and I've never heard of it. Oh...this is the Newton Food Centre in Newton Singapore!!! Now I understand. Apparently, it's a food emporium promoted by the Singapore Tourism Bureau for sampling Singaporean cuisine. The word is locals often criticize the Food Center for overpriced mediocre food. Here, however, it looks like they make a mean roast duck...

3 comments:

Wince Harder said...

i thought the newton food centre was under South Pacific on Beacon Street.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that's hysterical. I lived across the street from that food center for over a month. I don't think i ever mentioned to you guys how crazy it was that I moved across the world to live in Newton again! that hawker center is amazing. its the only one that when you get there it has a board that tells you all the best local cuisine that you should try, saved me a lot of searching on google. chicken rice for $2 US, chilli crab $7 US, roasted duck of course $2 US, fresh fruit cut up or smoothie for $1 US. only problem is trying to eat healthy in this country. brown rice is almost non existent.