03 November 2008

Letter From Buenos Aires

My boy Nick just moved down to Buenos Aires. My brother was going through the city on tour so they met up for dinner Friday night. Through the benevolence of a mysterious lady, they were whisked away from the tourist trap steakhouses to a real 'porteno', a local football club that also served dinner to its players and their families.

From Nick: "So we walk up to the place and its a hole in the wall indoor football field and just some tables lined up to the side. After some of my bullsh*t spanish, we get a table. I ask the guy, we just want to eat well, give me your special dish. Obviously, it's beef. Also, the menu was basically three entrees: Beef, Chicken, Pork. We all got beef, some fries, a little salad, $3 bottles of wine. It was amazing. In general, Argentina has ill beef, but they cook the sh*t out of it. This was perfectly done, the fries and salad were also great quality. It was the kinda of place Tony Bourdain goes to and you think, why can't I ever go to places like that? And it was less then $10 per person."

From Jesse: "Oh my local grub! So good, so simple! This is living!" This is further evidenced by the kitchen of Eros:
Thanks guys.

2 comments:

sb4i said...

nicky nono(alias hairman) does it once again!

Wince Harder said...

Thanks shelly!

I don't really say "shit" that much. I think it was accentuated by noah's "*'s"